A Notice of Intended Marriage, form must be completed and lodged with your celebrant at least one month before the wedding date. Notice of Intended Marriage

Your marriage cannot take place until one calender month after the date your celebrant receives the signed, Notice of Intention to Marry Form, from you.

A Declaration of: No Legal Impediment must be completed

You need two witnesses over the age of 18 years

Documents you must provide to your celebrant (sight)
Photo Identification: Passport or Drivers Licence (Original Document)
Proof of Date of Birth: Birth Certificate or Passport (Original Document)

If either party has been married previously you must provide
Divorce Papers or Death Certificate

There are other documents which will need to be completed if you
Use an Interpreter
Want to apply for a shortening of time for your marriage
Apply to the court for special circumstances to marry

Please contact me and I will help and guide you through the process

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I get married in a park? at home? at the beach?
Yes, you can get married anywhere at any time. If you want to get married at a park, you should check with your local council, as to what they require you to do or what fees they may charge.

What is a NIM? A Notice of Intent to Marry. You must complete this form with your Celebrant, no later than 1 month before the date of your marriage and no more than 18 months earlier. 

What is a Declaration of No Legal Impediment?
You are both declaring, there is no legal impediment, as to why you should not be married to each other. It is a requirement that this form is completed before you get married. Complete this declaration as close as possible to the date you are getting married.

Same Sex Marriages from another Country.
From 9 December 2017, same sex marriages solemised in a foreign country, considered valid in a foreign country are recognised in Australia.

We want a small wedding, with just the two of us.
You must have two witnesses over 18 years to marry, I can help with this, if you need witnesses.

I have been married before, what do I need to do?
You will need a copy of either a Divorce Certificate or a Death Certificate or Decree of nullity.

My Official Documents are not in English. 
Your documents need to be translated. They must be translated by an official NAATI translator. I can help.

How do I change my name after we're married?
To change your name, you'll need a full Marriage Certificate. You can apply online to Births, Deaths and Marriages for a full copy.  You will need this to change your passport, Drivers License, Bank Accounts 

Can I marry in Australia if I am not a resident or citizen?
Yes. You do not have to be a Citizen or a resident to marry in Australia.

How long does a Ceremony take?
Depending on what you would like, it generally takes less than 30 minutes.

Do you have music for our ceremony?
Yes, let me know what you would like and I can play this for you, or I will work with your nominated person to organise the music for your ceremony. 

When will you arrive at the Ceremony?
I will be there 45 mins before, to setup and make sure everything is ready to goI

Do you have props for ceremonies?
Yes. I have an Arch, signing table, chairs, PA, Styled Lecturn and items for naming ceremonies and rituals. Which can be used in your ceremony. 

Are you covered by Insurance? 
Yes, I have current Professional Indemnity and Public and Products Liability Insurance. 

If you have any more qustions please call Julie on 0447 409 925


Naming Ceremonies