The information that follows will help you understand the legal process and requirements, before you marry and how I work with you to plan your ceremony.
It is a legal requirement that you both complete a Notice of Intent to Marry. We can do this together, no earlier than 18 months before your wedding date and no later than 1 calender month before your wedding date. If you cannot complete this with me, you can complete and have this witnessed by an Authorised Person   
Declaration of No Legal Impediment .This is a declaration that you both complete before you marry, and have witnessed by me, your celebrant, at a date that is, as close as possible to your wedding date. This form declares, there is no legal reason why you should not be married to each other. In the movies and in the past, someone could come forward and object when they got to a certain part of the ceremony. Fortunately, this is not done anymore!
Proof of identity documents for both of you are required. There must be, one form of Photo Identication: Proof of Identity Passport or Drivers Licence and proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate or Passport) 
Other documents that may be required. If either party has been divorced, widowed  or had a marriage unulled. See, Frequently asked questions below. For circumstances where you may need to apply for a shortening of time, or for special circumstances to marry. Contact Julie on   for help and guidance through the process. 
If there is a  need for an interpreter we must use a NAATI approved translater
On the day of your wedding you need two people over the age of 18 to witness your ceremony. This can be anyone you choose. Choosing two members of your bridal party, can make it easier, but the witnesses can be who ever you want. providing they are over 18 years of age.
Can I get married in a park, at home, at the beach?
Yes, you can get married anywhere at any time. If you want to get married at a park, you should check with your local council, as to what they require you to do or what fees they may charge.
Same Sex Marriages from another Country. From 9 December 2017, same sex marriages solemised in a foreign country, considered valid in a foreign country are recognised in Australia.
My Official Documents are not in English. Your documents need to be translated. They must be translated by an official NAATI translator. 
How do I change my name after we're married?
To change your name, you'll need a Official "Standard Marriage Certificate" You can apply online to Births, Deaths and Marriages for a copy.  You will need this to change your passport, Drivers License, Bank Accounts. 
I have been married before. You will need a copy of either a Divorce Certificate or a Death Certificate or Decree of nullity. If you do not have the paperwork granting your divorce, go here. 
Can I marry in Australia if I am not a resident or citizen?  You do not have to be a Citizen or a resident to marry in Australia.
How long does a Ceremony take? Depending on the content, it generally takes less than 30 minutes but can take longer.
Do you have music for our ceremony? Yes, let me know what you would like and I can play this for you, or I will work with your nominated person to organise the music for your ceremony. 
Do you have props for ceremonies? I have an Arch, signing table, chairs, PA, Styled Lecturn and items for naming ceremonies and rituals. Which can be used in your ceremony. 
Are you covered by Insurance? Yes, I have current Professional Indemnity and Public and Products Liability Insurance.
Marriage Counselling Services